Family dentistry is concerned to fix oral health at each stage of life, particularly in teenagers and kids. The family dentist Brisbane is quite similar to the general dentist and has more experience working with children. There are family dentists that are qualified pediatricians. When choosing a family dentist, you pick a practice that addresses the oral needs of your children and you at every stage of life.
What does a family dentist do?
A family dentist north adelaide focuses on general and preventative dentistry. There are most common services a family dentist provides, include:
- Regular exams and cleaning. 6-month examinations are crucial for patients of all age groups because it helps catch oral issues, such as:
- tooth decay
The checkups ensure the child’s teeth develop properly.
- Dental sealants and fluoride treatments. These are great ways to keep tooth decay, which is very common in children.
- Orthodontics. A treatment that is not offered in-house by all family dentists. But, it offers orthodontic exams and provides referrals to outside orthodontists. if needed.
- Fillings and cavity checks. Tooth decay is a very common dental condition, which is completely preventable as a childhood disease. Family dentists specialize to identify and fill cavities and treat patients of all age groups suffering from tooth decay.
- Gum disease treatment. A family dentist that offers services, such as:
- Periodontal maintenance
- Root planing
Patients suffering from gum disease will be addressed by a family dentist.
Most family dentists include:
- Branches dental
- Cosmetic dentistry
- Restorative dentistry
Reasons you need a family dentist
Good oral hygiene plays an essential role in the entire health and wellness of a person. The family members have unique care needs that change over time. The family dentist helps tackle oral health issues when they arise, all over life. Family dental services bring unique advantages and have different dentists for every family member.
Three key benefits to having a family dentist
- Convenience. The family dental practice offers consultations on oral health problems that affect all ages. Any dental care service is received for children, teenagers, or adult family members. It is convenient to schedule an appointment for the whole family. You don’t need to see different specialists for every member.
- Track the family’s dental health. A family dentist maintains a record of the treatments provided to the family members. The dentist gets to understand family dental and medical history. It is crucial in identifying and predicting genetic dental conditions. The dentist-patient relationship will build years that helps local dentist identify any problems earlier.
The children are comfortable visiting the dentist, which allows them to uphold good dental hygiene practices in the future.
- Proactive family dentistry. A family dentist helps set the right example for the kids through preventative dental care.
All-round dental care and emergency dental services are provided by the family dentist in Brisbane.