Itching can cause more annoyance and disturbance. If you are experiencing it often, it could also affect your sleeping pattern and it can also make you depressed about the condition. Itchy skin can be a cause of many factors. Some of the common causes are insect bites, stress, allergies, and skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
If you are suffering from itchy skin dry skin (ผิวหนัง แห้ง ลอก คัน, term in Thai) get the best quality medicines and moisturizing creams from S.M. Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd, which is one of the leading companies in Thailand and are known for their customer service and product quality.
Dermatitis and Different Types of It
Dermatitis means inflammation on the skin. Any condition that causes inflammation on the skin can be termed as dermatitis. It can be due to genetics, infection, allergies, or any irritating substances. The main symptoms include dry skin, itchiness, and red rashes.
The main two types of dermatitis include Atopic dermatitis and Contact dermatitis.
This condition is also known as eczema. It is a common skin condition, but not contagious. However, you may suffer a lot if you have asthma or allergies. This condition has no cure but there are treatments to manage the condition. You can see your skin is dry, red, itchy, and bumpy. It makes your skin more sensitive and leads to infection.
As the name implies, you get this when you encounter any kind of allergen like poison ivy or an irritant. If you have a sensitive skin, you can experience it more often since we are all surrounded by potential allergens or irritants. Sometimes the symptoms can be painful.
There are some natural, home remedies available to treat this condition.
- Give an ice pack fomentation in the itchy area helps reduce inflammation. You can also keep your moisturizer and creams in refrigerator so that it gives you a cooling effect when you apply them.
- Give a wet wrap therapy to the itchy area. For this you will have to use surgical net fabric. When you wrap the water-soaked fabric on the itchy area, it rehydrates, protects, also help the skin to absorb the medication effectively.
- Moistures, that contain high amount of oil, also help keep the outer layer of the skin hydrated. The humectants and emollients help absorb moisture and lock it. For best results, apply your moisturizer immediately after bath while there is dampness in your skin.
- Taking bath in hot water only worsens the condition by removing the moisturizer from the skin. Then your skin becomes itchier and dry. Instead, you can use lukewarm water.
- Avoid using skincare products that have fragrance, dye, and artificial colours. These products will worsen the skin conditions.
- Instead of using wool and synthetic clothing, try wearing loose fitting cotton clothing. Your skin can breathe well helps your skin from getting overheat.
- Stress also increases the chances of itching. If you experience an increase in itching when you are facing stress conditions, try including yoga and meditation.
In case, if your condition persists more than 2 weeks or worsens or if you notice any unusual bumps, rashes, or swelling, it means you need a medical attention immediately.